Monday, August 11, 2008

We Really Are Still Alive!

Greetings from the recent bride and groom! The last month of my life has been the busiest, craziest, most story-filled time of my life! Chris and I had a beautiful ceremony and reception on July 25. Many, MANY stories led up to the final moment of "I do." I can only say "thank you" to my amazing family and our supportive friends for making my long-desired wedding dream come true. The right words simply do not exist to express my gratitude.
I am still working on the whole internet access thing. There is a potential that we might have some "nice neighbors," but I have to figure a few things out first. As soon as I work that out, I will take the time to post pictures of the wedding (Oh, wait. . .that's right - - -I don't have one picture of my own wedding! Please send your snapshots!), our wonderful honeymoon in Montego Bay, our week long road trip out West, and my new apartment, which I absolutely love even though it is a work in progress.
Much love to my friends and family! Thank you, everyone, for all of your love and prayers! Have a wonderful day, Mama! And thanks for the oven-cleaning tip. It's spotless!

5 comments:

Drew's Place said...

You guys have had quite the busy month. Glad you have made it there safely and are settling in. I can't wait to see pictures! Love you.
Chica

Papa and Mama Bear said...

Glad to see your blog active again. We understand the delay due to the wedding, honeymoon, and traveling West, but look forward to pictures to come. We love you both and are very happy for you.

Rebecca A. said...

Hi Melissa, and Chris...
So glad you made it safely "home" - we were thinking of you both and hoping Chris would feel better quickly!
It was good to see you and I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time with you (I didn't realize you were heading out Sun. afternoon!) Come back for a visit...well, after you rest up some!!!
And post pics when you can - I heard such wonderful things about your beautiful wedding!!!

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

Hey Mel! I can't believe that crazy girl in my English classes is living in CA and married! Congrats! Loved your Christmas theme!

David and Rebekah said...

Busy... what, just a lame excuse!!! JK... good to see you post. I expect more in the future, and we'll try to keep it up on our end as well!