Monday, July 7, 2008

The Beginning of Our Vacation

Here are the pictures I promised. They may be a bit scattered and not cropped properly due to the fact that time with internet access and without screaming children around is rare! If you have any questions, Maj, just call! We are all doing well at Ocean Isle. The weather is warm and windy, though thunderstorms are predicted for the majority of this week. There is never a dull moment around the house! I am sleeping in "the girl's room" with Teresa and Emily. Teresa fell off the bed around 4:30 this morning, which meant I got a cuddle buddy in my twin bed for the last few hours of sleep. Needless to say, it was not a restful night. Anyway, the kids love the beach, and I love spending time with them. Enjoy the pix!

All 8 seats were full on our long trip to North Carolina (not to mention the back, floors and any window space!). But the TV with wireless headphones were great!



I love asking Jonathan if I can eat him. . . He gets this flirty smile on his face because he knows what's about to happen!

Adorable Joshy!

At one point I had eleven kids in my care while their parents caught up on old times. Talk about crazy!

Me and my "lil sister" Teresa

Emily, Teresa, and Joshua enjoying sparklers on the 4th of July (Joshy's sparkler burnt out just before I snapped the picture.)

Eric and Todd were in charge of the fireworks for the block party. The overall comment from the neighbors was, "Wow! You Ohio people don't mess around!" It was a lot of fun!
Too cute - Joshy was having a moment while waiting for his food in the hot sun.

Lots of pictures of Joshy! That's ok - he's such a ham in front of the camera! This is his attempt to beat the waves. Michele with her two little ones, Emily and Jonathan

2 comments:

Drew's Place said...

Somebody looks likes she's having fun. I'm glad you're able to go with them for your last big Ranck adventure before you become a Mrs. Enjoy the beach with 11 kids cuz next time you go, you'll only have one little boy to keep up with! :-)

Chica

Doug and Jennifer Gross said...

Melissa, You were in NC? You should have stopped to see me! We only live 1 1/2 from Richmond on I 95! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!